Appliance Care Instructions
For the benefit of the patient’s dental or orthodontic appliance, we recommend the following care instructions to the patient.
- No chewing on ice, hard candy, or sticky candy while wearing appliance.
- Removable appliances should be removed before eating or drinking any liquid other than water.
- To clean, gently scrub the appliance with a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Never attempt to bend or adjust any part of the appliance. Doing so could break the appliance or damage its fit and intended effect.
- Always store removable appliances in case when not using.
- 9 out of 10 lost removable appliances were thrown in the trash while wrapped in a napkin.